A great promotional tool to use is the mini flipbook, an animated page flipping object that can entice users to click and read your publication.
Access Mini-Flipbook Configurator
You can access the mini flipbook configurator screen from two locations in the Flipbooks screen.
1) From Flipbook Options>Promote>Mini-Flipbook
Click on the Flipbook thumbnail to access the Flipbook settings & options popup.
2) From the Folder Options>Promote>Mini Flipbook
Folder options are on bottom left of Flipbooks screen.
Mini Flipbook Configuration
You will then see a popup window appear where you can select the options for your mini-flipbook. You can always see how your mini flipbook will look by looking at the preview on the right.
Referring to the image below the setup options are:
- Configure the look of mini-flipbook
- Size- width and height: MAXIMUM of 700px X 350px; MINIMUM 150px X 150px
- Background color: Use hexidecimal/html color coding, select a color with your mouse on the color wheel OR check transparent background box to have any background color/image on your website show through
- Title text: Enter the text that will appear above your mini flipbook
- Title color: Use hexidecimal/HTML color coding OR select a color with your mouse on the color wheel to define your Folder text color
- Check the "hide title" checkbox if you don't want any title to show
- Launch Following Page
- URL that will open when user clicks on the mini flipbook
- Default is the Flipbook URL if you have accessed from Flipbook options OR Folder URL (Default Flipbook) if you have accessed from Folder options
- check "enter custom URL"to choose any website URL
- Settings & Options checkboxes to activate
- Always show default Folder Flipbook: Loads up your Default Folder Flipbook (most recent Pub Date)
- open to the cover (not current view): No matter what page the mini flipbook is showing when user clicks, they will be taken to the cover page
- open in a popup (not new window/tab): Have the Flipbook open in a popup on click that will overlay the existing page the user is viewing. The default behavior is to open Flipbook in a new window/tab
- show share links: display the Facebook and Twitter share buttons on the bottom pane of mini-flipbook
- Click "get code" button to be taken to the code screen
Issue - Embed Mini Flipbook Option Screen1
Copy Code for your Website/Blog etc
You will then come to a screen where you can copy the auto-generated code by using your mouse or the "copy to clipboard" button.
Then you can paste that code on your website or blog for a nice little promotion tool!
Click on "finished" if you are done OR click on "configure" button if you need to change any of your mini flipbook settings.
Issue - Embed Mini Flipbook Option Screen2 Image
FYI, this is what mobile devices would display instead of the Flash animation.
HTML5 Alternate Version