Below is a list of features, updates and fixes that we expect to implement on October 10, 2012
NOTE: The timing and specifics of the below items are subject to change
- New Create Issue Wizard
- Support for iFrame on Mobile Devices
1. Create Issue Wizard - Upload from URL, Dropbox or Box.com!
We've made creating an Issue even easier by giving you a step by step wizard AND in addition to selecting your PDF from your computer you'll be have these options for pulling in your file from external sources!
- Import from URL: Just enter the address of your PDF hosted elsewhere
- From Dropbox: New Integration allows you to login and authorize your Dropbox account, navigate your folders and select your PDF files
Click here for more info about Dropbox
- From Box.com: New Integration allows you to login and authorize your Box.com account, navigate your folders and select your PDF files
Click here for more info about Box.com
The great thing about these 3 new options is you won't have to wait for any files to upload. The file transfer will be done in the background and you can continue to work in other areas of the Application while your Issue is created.
Just click on any of the easily accessible "Upload PDF" buttons throughout the Application and the new Create Issue Wizard will popup and walk you through the steps below:
Step 1: Choose your File source
For Dropbox and Box.com, you'll have to authorize those accounts to complete the integration which is remembered on your account.
Step 2: Settings
Step 3: Options
Choose the optional
2. Mobile Platform support for embedding within iFrame
Our team has worked hard and found a way to deliver our mobile platform within an iFrame!
Previously mobile users would see a tappable image to open the Issue in another window but now the Issue will simply display within that iFrame.
This will allow your users to remain on your main website while navigating your Digital Editions!