Below is a list of features, updates and fixes that we expect to implement on Sept 18, 2012
- Expanded Override Options
- Mobile TEXT ONLY option - Toggle ON/OFF
- Archive Sorting Option for End Users
- Bug Fixes and Other Minor Updates
NOTE: The timing and specifics of this update are subject to change
Feature Improvement - Expanded Folder/Title Overrides for Issues
We've updated the Overrides list of options you can apply directly to Issues and ignore the parent Folder Title Setting. Included are 2 new additions to the options, "Enable Text only Tool" and "Allow Sorting of Archives", as well as some other previously implemented options like the separation of email and social sharing option, page flip effect and mobile theme.
Feature Improvement - Mobile Text Only Tool - Option to turn off
The TEXT ONLY tool is a button on the Mobile platform that allows users to just read the extracted text for the page. If you have hidden text you don't want shown OR if you don't have time to edit/format the extracted text for your pages we've given you more control over what your Mobile readers can access with the ability to turn the TEXT ONLY tool OFF/ON.
Feature Improvement - Option to Allow End Users to Sort Archive Display
Our Archive button is slightly different with the Pub Date displaying on top of the thumbnails, and you also have the option to allow users to sort based on "Pub Date" or "Name". You can set this "Allow sorting of archives" option at the Folder>Options level OR Issue>Manage>Overrides level.
Bug Fixes and Other Minor Updates
Reader: Mobile and Flipbook
- Page Widgets - Flickr Gallery - Mobile
Fixed Bug on mobile phones where the widget kept loading
- Page Widgets - Twitter share
Now encoding ampersand (&) properly in Title/Issue names
- Subscriber Signup Form - Missing Cancel Button - Desktop
We've got the cancel button displaying again when linking directly to subscription signup form
- Annotations - Comment or Sticky Note box
We've implemented a limit of 1000 characters for this annotation to ensure optimal database performance
- Subscriber Import - Improved Engine
Higher volumes now being imported properly. You should now again be able to import up to 10,000 records without problems.
- Page Editor
Zone box now limited for placement within the page after Zoom Out button double clicked
- Page Editor
More apparent MANAGE link now displays next to the blue back arrow to take you to the Manage Folders/Issues screen
- Issue Viewing by logged in Users
Problem addressed where users were not able to view Issues after using the Preview links throughout the Application (a "sorry issue not found" message displayed").
- Issue Pub Date Editing
Fixed a bug that caused some hover tips to remain on screen after save
- Library App Configuration
Message on Featured List Config Screen now correctly indicates the default as "Last 12 Issues"
- Username and Password requirements/limitations hover tips:
In various areas of the application and reader (Add accounts, add subscribers, subscriber signup), a hover tip now shows for username and password requirements
- Username: Only letters, numbers and hyphens between 3 and 40 characters. Can't begin or end with a hyphen (URL/Domain rules)
- Password: Only letters, numbers and standard punctuation between 6 and 40 characters