Below is a list of features, updates and fixes that we expect to implement on August 22, 2012.
*NOTE: The timing and the details of the below items are subject to change.
- New Feature: Twitter Tweet Button Page Widget
- Feature Improvement: Assign Issue to Future Pub at Any Time
- Feature Improvement: Removal of Forced Display container for Mobile Converted Videos
- Bug Fixes and Minor Interface Updates
1. New Feature - Tweet Button Page Widget
We've added a Tweet button to our Pre-Built page widget list. Just enter the URL and a pre-populated tweet message users can share, as well as some additional optional fields, and you can get a Tweet button added to any page of your digital edition.
Tweet Page Widget Configure Screen
Twitter Tweet Button in Flipbook
Twitter Tweet Result
2. Feature Update - Assign an Issue to Future Pub at any time!
You can now have your Issue "auto-activate" on a future date any time post Upload.
- Open Up Issue Settings & Options by clicking on the thumbnail in the Manage Folders/Titles & Issues Screen
- Click on the pencil to edit the current Pub Date
- Choose a date/time in the future and click done
- If the date/time you've selected is in the future, your Issue's status is assigned a "Future Pub" and will become Active automatically to be viewable by the public only after that time.
- Previously you could only set this option at the time of Upload
3. Feature Update - Paid Subscription Title - Improved Product Management
Setting up your Folder with new Paid Products should be more intuitive now with a new "+ Add New Product" button.
4. Bug Fixes and Minor Interface Updates
- Application - Subscriber Importing: Various fixes including better handling of files without header rows and improved date format recognition
- Page Editor Placement Box gets saved outside of page area - Fixed so ALL placement boxes will remain within the confines of the page area
- Folder/Title Setting - SEO Optimization: Added additional wording on "Block Search Engines from Indexing My Content" to let users know that this option can affect social sharing results
- Twitter Share via Toolbar - Encrypted Characters: Fixed how some special characters (eg. apostrophe') were being encoded within the Tweet Text
- Mobile Platform - Table of Contents and Long Article Names Abruptly Cutoff: Fixed so up to 40 characters will be displayed and if more than 40 display "..." indicating some of the text is not displayed