Below is a list of features, updates and fixes that we expect to implement on our live production system on August 8 , 2012.
*Note that the timing and specifics of these updates are subject to change
- Paging on Archives List
- Updated Toolbar Icons and 2X resolution of Banner Logo
- Text Only Tool UI Improvements
- Full Screen Video - Device Rotation Handling
- Full Screen Message Indicating HTML elements (Widgets) are not shown
- Flip pages while zoomed using PgUp / PgDn keys
- Subscriber Import bug fixes
1. Feature Improvement: Paging on Mobile Archive Issue List
Rather than load up ALL of your Archive Issues in one long scrollable page, there is now a 'Load More' button to load the next set of results as the end user requires.
2. Feature Improvement: Retina-friendly icons and logos for mobile web-app
The Mobile reader's toolbar now has icons that look great, even on new retina capable display screens. The icons will appear seamlessly in the toolbar without a backshadow box. Very light toolbar colors will get black icons and very dark toolbar colors will display white icons.
Also your Banner Logo can now look much clearer on new Retina capable devices like iPhone 4 and iPad 3 with support for 2X image resolution. We recommend a 24bit transparent PNG image no larger than 280px wide by 44px high
Dark Banner Color
Light Banner Color
3. Feature Improvement: Text Only Tool - Buttons Tweak & Support for Page Offset
We've moved all Text Only tool buttons into the top of the popup window for easier more intuitive access and any page offset is now reflected in the page numbers listed.
4. Bug Fix: Full Screen Video Display - Locking Orientation Display to prevent Video Stopping
Previously when viewing an embedded video in full screen mode on mobile devices, if you rotated the device the video would stop playing and the user would be taken back to the reader. Now if the device is rotated, the video will continue to play in the original orientation.
1. Full Screen Mode - Message Indicating HTML Elements (Widgets) Not Shown
Full Screen Mode is FLASH based only, so the platform cannot display HTML elements like widgets and background images. We added this message to help communicate this to the end user so they are aware these elements will be not be shown.
2. Flip pages while zoomed using PgUp/PgDn keys
Many users like to view content in the Flipbook reader while zoomed in and we've now made it easier to continue reading the entire Issue while zoomed in by adding support for page flipping using the PgUp and PgDn keyboard buttons
1. Bug Fix: Subscriber Import supports Email addresses as Usernames
There was a bug where the Application was not accepting usernames if they were email addresses, but this is now resolved.