Controlling access to your Flipbooks can be done in a variety of ways. Access control is defined at the Folder level and will apply to all Flipbooks that belong under that Folder. Options range from a simple password, to email harvesting, to requiring a valid username and password to login.
Configure Access Control on a Folder
To configure access control for your Flipbooks:
- Click on "Flipbooks > Manage Flipbooks" in the Top Menu Bar
- Choose the Folder to which you want to control access (if you only have 1 Folder, it will already be chosen)
- Click on the "Edit" button in "Security or Subscription" section
Choose the Method of Access Control - Select Use-Case
Depending on the level of account you have, you'll have access to a variety of ways to control access. All options available across all account levels are listed below.
Once you select your use-case, complete all configuration steps and click save to implement your access control.
- Passphrase: Use a passphrase/password or access code to protect content
- Email Harvesting (passive) - (Desktop Support Only): Visitors will have access to a "Subscribe" call-to-action button where they can voluntarily signup for email alerts
- Email Harvesting (forced): Visitors are required to fill out a form prior to gaining access to read your content
- Subscription Management (Free): Visitors can signup for free and choose their own username and password
- Subscription Management (Payment Required): Require users to pay for access to the content through a Paypal Integration
- Remote Authentication: Leverage your own member database or website login to control access. A custom script that will link a Flipbook login to your own database is required