You can embed clippings objects in the desktop version of your digital edition's pages that will allow users to print and email those objects, which could be coupons, mailer forms, images, or any other area of your publication.
Create clippings using the page editor, which you can access through the ENHANCE button associated with your issue, found in the manage titles/issues screen (see image below)
Page Editor Access Screenshot
Create your clipping
Once at the page editor, click on the icon in the tool menu on the right hand side and do the following (refer to the below screenshot):
- Use the resizable/moveable zone box to define the area of your selected page you want to become a clipping
- Enter a clipping title
- Enter a caption or description of your title
- Choose a style for your clipping (border or no border)
- Click Create Clipping to save your new clipping
- Your saved clipping will be displayed on your page with that scissors icon in the top left corner
Edit your clipping
Click on an existing clipping box and a popup window will display where you can edit the clipping title, clipping caption and clipping style. You cannot edit the placement of the clipping because of the possibility of an end user saving a clipping in mid change and not reflecting the choice they initially made.
If you need to change the placement of a clipping, you must delete the existing clipping and create a new clipping in your newly chosen area.
Flipbook View of Clippings
In the flipbook the end user will be able to print OR place ALL of their clippings in the clipping basket.
Looking at the screenshot below you can see:
- The clipping on top has a blue border and the bottom clipping has no border. With either style, when a user hovers their mouse over the clipping, they will be presented with two tools:
- Save to clipping basket tool: The scissors icon in the clipping itself saves to basket and the scissors icon in the toolbar will access the clipping basket
- Print to your local printer
When users click on the scissors icon in the toolbar they can see all of their saved clippings in the clipping basket popup where they can print, email or remove from the basket.
You can also choose to display a clipping widget which will always show to the right of your digital editions pages in the flipbook.