A great use of a page widget is to embed a google maps object on your page.
You can use the Custom iFrame page widget which references an external HTML link.
In order to get the page widget showing correctly and resizing properly, you need to use the correct external link.
Go to Google Maps, choose your map location and do the following (refer to the Screenshots below)
- Click on the LINK button on the right side
- Copy the Share URL - But you will need to append &output=embed to the end of this link in order for it to work properly
- Go to the page editor>page widget tool, select the placement area on your page and click on Custom iFrame option
- Add the Maps URL (with the appended "&output=embed" and click Update & Close (Preview may not work properly)
- Then just click the ADD WIDGET button and your google map will display within your chosen placement box!
Google Maps Embed Code Access Screenshot
Page Editor - Custom iFrame Access
Page Widget - Custom iFrame Configuration - Google Maps URL
Page Widget - Custom iFrame Add Widget