This widget allows you to include virtually anything to the left of your digital reader. We kept this feature as flexible as possible so YOU can decide how your digital reader will look. The most common uses are:
- Advertisements. Include your Google AdSense code, or any other advertisement.
- Twitter feeds. Do you have a twitter account? If so, login to your account at twitter and grab the Twitter Widget embed code at: twitter.com/widgets/html_widget
- Images and Links. If you have text and/or links that you want to share with your readers simply copy&paste it in!
- Get creative! There are many tools only that offer widgets of all kinds. Here are a couple to check out: widgetbox.com, springwidgets.com
To add a widget to the left of your digital reader first go to the manage titles/issues screen, choose a title and click Edit title on the right hand side:
Click on Widgets>Custom Embed then:
Click "activate the custom embed widget" and do the following (refer to screenshot below)
- Your Embed Code
- Enter/Paste your widget code in the "Your Embed Code" text box.
- you can include multiple objects but note that if your widget content's height is taller than the end user's browser display, a scroll bar will display to access the full widget content
- We can automatically create the code for RSS feeds, Twitter feeds, or Facebook Widgets for the Embed code area.
- See this post for more information
- Define, in pixels, the width of your widget area.
- The widget area does take some of the flipbook's display so make sure you only use the width your widget content requires
- Make sure to set the width of your widget window to the same width as your embedded widget content (e.g. if you're placing a 120x600 skyscraper ad, set your widget width to 120)
Edit Title - Widgets - Custom Embed Screenshot
Any custom embed code will show to the left of your publication's pages and will display no matter what page the end user is viewing: